11.20.2010

Sailesh the funniest hypnotist

Alan Barthelmess
On Monday night of the 25th of October our very own Montana Tech Auditorium was filled with students to see the talents of comedian/hypnotist Sailesh. I myself have always been rather skeptical about whether people can themselves be “hypnotized”. Its rather hard to believe that someone can obey someone else without objection, truth is however Sailesh made it fairly clear you have to let them rather than falling under a mind control.

This time however I decided I wasn’t going to be a spectator but rather participate in the action and see for myself how all this worked. I was shaking and a little nervous when I went up on stage because the rules where this: Number 1- Know one was going to get naked, Number 2- you will not tell any personal secrets and last but not least rule Number 3 was the scary one. The 3rd rule was anything else was fair game, and yet I was still actively ready to participate. First he relaxed us all up on stage with a series of deep breaths and low bass tones from speakers behind. We all had to keep an open mind if we wanted to be hypnotized, and then it all began.
It’s really hard to describe exactly what was going on in my mind except to say imagine you are day dreaming and actively participating in a improve group. Over the next two hours I found myself participating in many events that seemed hilarious to the audience and looking back it’s easy to see why. The group I was a part of took a trip to mars, met an angry alien, flipped off and angry alien, saved each other from a sinking ship, went on the jerry Springer show, had our bodies made of rubber, had a sex change, had certain parts of our anatomy talk to us, had others anatomy parts talk to us, a few of us became a part of the Russian ballot, gave a lap dance to an audience member, watched a dirty show, thought we were in the show, then had fun with our chairs. The show was truly a sight to see and take part of, believe me.
For more information on Sailesh please add him as a friend on facebook to request he come by our area again and also reach a goal of online friends that will be donated to a charity. Who knows maybe next time you won’t just watch the show but will partake in it as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment